Welcome to our policies page! We have tried to keep our language as simple as possible while still covering our bases. If you have any concerns at all about Terms or Privacy, please contact us.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
We often talk about Terms of Service, and yes, we have one too. Terms and Conditions of Use are two fold: to protect you, and to protect us. They define the rules for how we treat you as a visitor to our site. They also define how we expect you to use the information you find here. We do want you to share and link to our sites and materials! That said, our blogs, downloads and posts are for education but not for resale or commercialization without our permission.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
In basic terms, all the materials available for download are property of Binary Tattoo. They may be downloaded for your enjoyment and education. They are not to be modified or resold.
- Permission is granted to download any of the materials (information or software) on Binary Tattoo’s web site for personal, non-commercial viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (without prior consent);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained, hosted or linked on Binary Tattoo’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This Use License shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Binary Tattoo at any time. If the Use License is terminated, then you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Binary Tattoo’s web site are provided “as is”. Binary Tattoo makes no guaranties on completeness or accuracy of information, expressed or implied. We aim to provide you with the most up-to-date information, tips and suggestions but given the rapid changes in available services, there are always areas that can be missed.
- When we do find errors, we aim to fix them. Binary Tattoo may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Binary Tattoo does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Binary Tattoo does its best to select links that are relevant to the blogs and articles that it publishes. That said, linked sites could be changed without warning and as such, Binary Tattoo is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Binary Tattoo of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Collecting your name and email address
We will request your name and email address to add to our mailing list. The purpose of the list is to send you our educational newsletter and to keep you informed on events involving Binary Tattoo. You may opt our of the mailing list at any time via the unsubscribe link on the emails you receive.
The following covers the rules on how we treat your persona data:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. Example: Our mailing list email address collection is only used for our mailing list.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
When purchasing items through the Binary Tattoo website, you will be transferred to a secure PayPal website to transfer the funds. At no time does Binary Tattoo have access to any of your financial information or your home address.
Third parties and cookies
- Binary Tattoo does not currently have relationships with any third party companies. There is no transfer of data to or from the Binary Tattoo website to any other company.
- We will not sell your contact details to any third party without your explicit consent.
- We will not disclose your contact details to any third party except where required by law.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.